Winter Escape #1 Draw Terms and Conditions
- Completion of the Entry Procedure and participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- This Competition is being promoted by the City of Ballarat
- Any questions or comments regarding the Competition should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Competition Period
- Commences at: 9am (AEST) on Friday 26 June 2020
- Ends at: 12pm (AEST) on Sunday 19 July 2020
- Selection of Winner(s): At the end of the competition period, the prize winner(s) will be drawn at random by the Promoter. Winner(s) will be contacted in writing with further details.
- Prize: 1 prize, to the value of $1,000.00
1 night stay (6 people)
Sovereign Park Motor Inn
Pass to all three Ballarat attractions:
1xSovereign Hill Family pass
Ballarat Wildlife Park
$150 breakfast voucher
$250 dinner voucher
Golden City Hotel
- Participation in this Competition is only open to those persons aged 18 years or over.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the City of Ballarat are ineligible to enter.
- City of Ballarat reserves the right, at any time, to verify the eligibility of an Entrant and to disqualify any Entrant that does not meet the Eligibility Criteria.
- This Competition is a game of chance and will be randomly drawn by the promoter using a random selection generator.
- To enter, eligible persons must complete the Entry Procedure during the Competition Period.
- Entries not completed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be rejected and any late, incomplete, indecipherable or illegible Entries will be deemed invalid. Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by City of Ballarat and not at the time of transmission.
- Entrants are limited to the one per generated code. Where an Entrant attempts to submit more than one Entry using the same code, all additional or subsequent Entry(s) will be ineligible for a Prize.
Consents and warranties on entry
- Entrants agree to their Entry being used by City of Ballarat in the future and grant them a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable transferable licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display the Entry for any purpose in any media without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants warrant that they have full authority to grant these rights and will not assert any moral rights in respect of the Entry.
- Entrants warrant and agree that:
- They will not submit, produce, upload or share any content that is fraudulent, or may be in breach of any intellectual property, privacy or other rights;
- No rights in the Entry have been previously granted to any person, corporation or entity;
- They will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Entry or who appears (or who’s property appears) in the content forming part of the Entry;
- Without limiting the above, the Entrant indemnifies City of Ballarat against all loss, damages and costs incurred by City of Ballarat as a result of any breach of the above warranties.
- Entrants understand, acknowledge and agree that:
- Their Entry (or parts thereof) may be posted on the Competition Website and City of Ballarat websites and is available for public viewing; and
- By participating in this Competition, information, links or names may be displayed on the social media pages of City of Ballarat.
- Their personal details will be added to the City of Ballarat email database for the purpose of contact for future promotions and Council information
- The winner(s) will be randomly drawn at 10.00am n Wednesday 22 July 2020 at the offices of the City of Ballarat, 25 Armstrong St South, Ballarat.
- The Winner will be notified in writing.
- If City of Ballarat is unable to contact a Winner after making all reasonable efforts, or the Winner does not claim their Prize within 28 days of the prize being drawn, then that Winner will forfeit their Prize and no prize will be awarded in lieu.
- It is an Entrant’s responsibility to notify City of Ballarat if their personal details change during the Competition Period. If a Winner fails to provide a valid or complete address for delivery of the Prize, or delivery has not been successful to an address provided (after reasonable attempts by City of Ballarat) the Prize shall be forfeited by the Winner.
- Prizes are not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. A prize may only be substituted if the substituted prize is of the same or greater value than the original prize and the winner either agrees in writing, or the original prize is unavailable due to circumstances beyond the control of the City of Ballarat and reasonable attempts are made to reach agreement with the winner that are unsuccessful.
- Prize must be used within 12 months of receiving.
Limitation of Liability
- To the extent permitted by law, City of Ballarat (and their respective officers, contractors, employees, agents and representatives) will not be liable for any personal injury, loss (including loss of opportunity), damage (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect or consequential loss), cost, expense or claim arising from or in relation to the Competition:
Variation to Competition
- City of Ballarat may in its absolute discretion, but subject to State and Territory laws, modify, suspend, cancel, recommence or extend this Competition as appropriate if:
- for any reason, this Competition is not capable of running as planned due to technical, hardware or software failures or interferences, or changes to third party sites or platforms, which affect the administration, operation, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition;
- the level of interest or participation in the Competition is insufficient or there has been some delay in commencing the Competition; or
- the Entry Procedure, determination of Winners or delivery of Prizes is prevented hindered or affected by any external agent or event beyond the reasonable control of City of Ballarat.